Circumcision Surgery in Sharjah
When a son is born in every family, parents will probably start thinking about circumcision.
What is a circumcision?
Boys are born with a covering over the head of the penis, which is called the glans, or foreskin. During circumcision, the foreskin is surgically removed, exposing the glans. Circumcision is usually performed in the first two to three weeks after the baby is born.
There are several advantages of circumcision:
• decreases the risk of urinary tract infections in infancy
• decreases the risk of penile cancer
• decreases risk of sexually transmitted diseases, including female-to-male transmission of HIV
• decreases the risk of cervical cancer and some infections in female partners
• prevents balanitis, phimosis, and paraphimosis
• creates easier genital hygiene
Circumcision is often done while newborns are still in the hospital. Different practitioners are trained to perform circumcision in newborns, including paediatricians and obstetricians. If you choose to have this procedure performed on your newborn, you’ll be asked to sign a consent form.
For children, the procedure is usually performed in a hospital or surgery centre on an outpatient basis. This means that you would go home on the same day. Proper consent is also needed.
Circumcisions are usually done by a General Surgeon & Urologist
If you are looking for a hospital for circumcision in Sharjah, Al Saha Al Shifa offers best treatment in circumcision surgery. Circumcision is performed by highly experienced doctors. So, if you are planning to get circumcision surgery for your children, you can make an appointment via our website and consult with our well-qualified doctors.