Circumcision Surgery Explained
Circumcision is surgery to remove the foreskin (extra skin) from around the end of the penis (Picture 1).The circumcision is usually done in the doctor’s office if his age is less than 1 year old. For kids above 1 is done under general anaesthesia. Your visit will take about one and one-half hours in all. Your baby will be awake and will have an injection (a shot) at the base of the penis to numb the area.
What to Expect After Surgery
The penis will have a plastic ring around it. The ring will fall off on its own in 5 to 7 days. There are no stitches with this procedure.
- There may be some swelling that will go away in about 4 days.
- There may be bruising in the area.
Home Care after Surgery
- Change diapers often. Rinse the area with water. Avoid using commercial diaper wipes.
- Bathing: If your baby still has his umbilical cord attached, give him sponge baths after surgery. Gently clean the penis with soap and water 2 to 4 times every day until the ring comes off and the penis is healed. If your baby’s umbilical cord has already fallen off, give the baby a bath every day, beginning the morning after surgery, until the ring comes off.
- Your baby’s doctor may tell you to apply antibiotic ointment or Vaseline to the tip of the penis with each diaper change until the ring falls off.
- There are NO restrictions for the use of car seats. Your child should ride in his car seat as usual.
Al Saha Al Shifa is committed in connecting the patient safety and quality services which you can afford to.
Al Saha Al Shifa is committed to delivering high quality patient care using the latest technology, equipment and facilities in modern, comfortable surroundings.
Al Saha Al Shifa offers a wide range of high-quality private healthcare services with a team of experienced specialists and the latest in techniques and equipment available
welcome to AL SAHA AL SHIFA Hospital
Al Saha Al Shifa hospital is a part of Saudi based Yasmin polylcinic group. Under the same umbrella we have been operating three medical center in Jeddah for the past 15 years. Our excellence and quality in patient centric approach to delivering healthcare has made us a differential player in the healthcare industry.Read More
Why Choose Us
You have a number of reasons to choose us!
Affordability for any patient for any treatment
Easy connectivity and free valet parking services
High qualified and caring nurse staff
Well equipped lab & Radiology dept.
Highly experienced and well qualified doctors